InfantsAges 2 Months to 18 Months
Infant Room Environment
The children in our Infant program have many opportunities in a learning environment that is influenced by our continuous study of the Reggio Emilia Approach. This approach reflects a holistic attitude towards education and care and invites children, teachers, and parents to support:
- The development of a strong sense of self independence
- The development of strong relationships
- An environment that encourages intuitive exploration and self-help competencies
- Ongoing communication supported by language promotion and documentation
- The respectful image of the child as being competent and capable
- The challenges of provocations that involve exploration authentic materials and tools
- A curriculum that connects cognitive processes with imagination and is meaningful to immediate experiences
To help our children and their families become a more central part of our school we are asking our families to bring in a family photo to be placed on your child’s cubbie on their first day of school.
Please ensure ALL of your child’s things are labeled including bottles, containers and back pack.
Dress children in comfortable clothes
Communicate any special request, questions and concerns with your child’s teachers.
Here are a few things you might like to bring along to help ease your little one into a class:
- A special blanket or soft toy
- A bottle (if needed)
- Extra clothes –include sweater and long paints (weather is unpredictable)
- Diapers and wipes (as needed)
- Appropriate jacket and outerwear pants, hat & boots
Daily Appointments for Infants
Our day is made up of “daily appointments” that supports children with a sense of order and consistency through their day. The schedule is flexible to the children’s interest, needs, reflections, and ideas. It is beneficial for your child if he/she is at school by 9:00 am.
- 7:00- School opens
- 8:40- Snack & fresh diapers
- 9:00- Indoor & outdoor exploration/ depending on the flow of the day.
- 10:15- Bottles
- 11:00- Diaper Routines
- 11:30- Lunch
- 12:30- Quiet activities/sleep & awake schedules
- 2:30- Free play/Snack time
- 3:00- Outdoor Activities
- 4:00- Fresh Diapers/Indoor play
- 5:15- Snack
- 6:00- Teachers close the room…